Thursday, May 10, 2012

Rachel Eve Week 1

Those who read my blog regularly can skip this one! :)  It's meant for Rachel who has graciously offered to mentor me.  Rachel, of Rachel Eve Photography, is Ah-Mazing...with a capital A!!!  Click on the link and check it out yourself!  So...this post is for her and just might have lots of photography lingo for us geeks who happen to love it!

I had a ton of fun actually thinking about what lighting to shoot in.  I thought about it walking out of Wal-Mart, driving in the car...you name it!  Thank you for the challenge, Rachel!  Also, all of these pictures are SOOC with the exception of some slight adjustments in ACR (which I tried to follow your editing steps from the video you posted).  Oh, and maybe a crop here or there! ;)  I practiced on my kiddos...they are great little models! ;) 

First picture...front lighting



Second picture...also front lighting but now that it's on my screen it looks like the light is hitting her right cheek.  Both picture number 1 and 2 were taken on a slightly overcast day.


Back lighting...haze.  I LOVE this look!


Back lighting...flare...I'm thinking that was a little much!  LOL!!!  Maybe if I had opened my aperture a bit more it wouldn't be so drastic.  But, I sure enough learned how just a change in aperture will change the whole look of a picture!


Back lighting...silhouette.  LOVE this!!!  I did increase the blacks in this in ACR.  My aperture was wide open and I think if I had increased my f-stop I wouldn't have had to increase my blacks here.   


Side lighting...sun is coming on her right cheek.  The reflector is slanted at an angle by her left cheek. 




Side lighting again...the sun is on her left cheek.  The reflector is at an angle on right side. There are still shadows but they are SO much better than they would have been without the reflector!!


Okay Rachel...there they are! :)  Can't wait for week 2!!!  Thanks a ton!

1 comment:

  1. Lindsay- you did FAB! I think half of those pictures could be turned into canvases! Great work! Your full critique is on the blog! Can't wait to see your week 2!

    ReplyDelete