Saturday, February 26, 2011

A momma's love

I remember being pregnant and worrying about getting to the point where I could hear a heartbeat, where I could feel a kick, to get to viability.....whatever the worry of the moment might have been. I am a worrier by nature...I can't help it. During one point of worry, I vividly remember my mom telling me that as a mom you never stop worrying, your worries just change as your children grow older. That is exactly true. But for me, it's when I'm worried about my baby and I can't help that the stress is too much.

This week has been trying. Aaron has worked 12 hours most days to prepare for Soup Sunday, which has left me with the role of mommy, taxi cab, house cleaner, SLP, bath giver, bed time story reader, chef cook and bottle washer...okay, you get the point. Aaron is all consumed (and rightly so) with work and this morning as he left early for an interview to promote Soup Sunday I realized Ainsley's cough had gone from annoying to deep and she was wheezing. Thank goodness for the weekend clinic.

Ainsley had a 10:00 appointment and after a few minutes of being there she needed a breathing treatment and had an ear infection. My poor baby. I can't take this pain away from her like I want to. I wish I could just put the mask over my face so she wouldn't fight me to keep it on. I wish her wheezing would magically disappear. I just feel helpless when my babies are sick. Ainsley's a trooper, though. And I'm ever thankful that this illness will go away (just praying it does with outpatient meds and a hospital stay is not in our future)!

Here's my little trooper...



My photo this week is of Ainsley so I thought it was fitting! :)
Week 8 of 52

No comments:

Post a Comment