Thursday, February 10, 2011

Things that make you go....AWE!!!!

I love nature. And there are certain things that just make me stand in awe. One of them is a rainbow...especially double rainbows. I can so vividly remember seeing my first double rainbow. I was in the car with my mom, going down Jay Hill. We literally stopped the car to stare. There were cars zooming past us but we both took in the moment and the beautiful creation we were witnessing.

Snow fall is the other natural creation that is simply awe inspiring to me. Even after living in Maine for 12 years, I am still in amazement of snowfall. I can remember, as a young girl, sitting with my family in front of the wood stove just watching the flakes fall. Nothing is more prettier than the day of a snow storm. Now, let me be clear here. It is not always pretty. Once the sand and salt trucks come by, followed by the snow plow, the snow isn't so white anymore and not pretty! But, seeing the fresh snow falling is not dull...it is bright and simply breathtakingly beautiful!!!

Did you know every snowflake is different? And that each snowflake has 6 sides (hexagonal crystals, to be specific). I had to look that little fact up! :) I was determined this year to capture a snowflake, and that I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment