Monday, July 9, 2012

Maris, Chris, Aaron, and Eason

Oh my goodness...where do I even start?  When I was diagnosed with my first cancer, I found out that Maris (I work with Maris' Mom, Robin, who I can't say enough about.  She's always positive, so upbeat, and puts a smile on my face when I see her) worked in the office where I was being seen.  Robin assured me that Maris would take care of me.  And that she did!!  I'll never forget the moment she called me from the waiting room...my Mohs surgery had been a success and she said, "They got all the cancer."  Wow...she'll never know what that moment meant to me.  I may not have smiled then (I had a hole in my lip and was headed straight to the plastic surgeon) but I hope she knows how special that moment was...and how blessed I was to have her tell me.  I underwent plastic surgery the next day and then a week later went back to have another surgery on another cancerous spot.  I didn't expect to see Maris but Robin told her when I was going to be there and she popped in just to make sure I was doing okay.  She went above and beyond and I am truly blessed to call her friend!!  She's gone through a lot waiting for sweet Eason and I can't wait to see how precious he is!!  I know is going to be well worth the wait!!!  Congrats, Brown family!! 









No comments:

Post a Comment