Friday, August 24, 2012

Extra Extra...

Read all about it!  Well...I may have jumped the gun a little.  You can't read about it quite yet.  But you will be able to early this fall!!! 

The Keegan crew was lucky enough to score an advanced copy of Scott's book, Best When Broken.  I'm still in awe that it's really here.  That it's actually complete and in print.  The girls have wanted to "thumb" through it all week but I haven't allowed them to.  Huh-uh...no way is anything going to happen to the signed copy!  I even got after Aaron when he put it down, mid way through, with it open and face down!  **gasp** 

The book, in its entirety, is breathtakingly beautiful!!  I have to admit, after reading the rough draft about 8 months ago, I didn't think it could get much better.  But it did!  And...it's perfect!  There isn't a word wasted.  I literally can't wait for the world (a copy will be headed to Japan to my brother as soon as I can get it in the mail) to see it...I want to shout it from the rooftops!

I said it was perfect above and I'm not exaggerating (I know, I know it's hard to believe).  I look at the book and am reminded of how God allowed each piece of the book to come together.  I think back to the brainstorming that went on before we shot the cover.  We imagined Scott would be "in his element."  We even thought we might take the picture by the water to bring the reader back to where it all started.  The ideas all sounded great.  But, none of those were "it."  When I look at the book, see Scott's huge smile beaming at me, and the cabin behind him, I am content in it's completeness.

Not only is the cabin a life long dream, but it brings Scott and Linda to the quiet, serene, beautiful outdoors...where they can get away from the world for a little while and focus on what really matters.  The cabin is the perfect background for such an intimate book.

Words can't express how thankful I am to call Scott and Linda friends.  Scott has shared his heart in his book so you all can know a piece of him as well.  Best When Broken will bless you...take some time to read it.  You won't regret it! 

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” --Winston Churchill 


The girls "shocked" we got an autographed copy! ;)

Okay...our real emotions...happy to finally have it in our hands!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment