Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Heavy Heart

We leave for Disney in 5 days. You'd think I'd be jumping up and down with excitement. When we get there I know I'll be ecstatic! Yes, I can't wait to see my little girls' faces the first time we enter the parks. But, today, my heart is heavy and burdened for a little girl named Lucy Krull. Lucy turned 5 yesterday. I can't help but put myself in her mom's shoes since my precious Leighton will be 5 this month. Sweet Lucy was diagnosed with a brain tumor a little over a week ago. Since that diagnosis, 3 tumors were removed from her brain, and one from her spine. She now has meningitis. And she is soon to embark in the fight of her life as she will undergo radiation and chemo. Can you imagine? Valentine's Day this sweet girl was "normal." Life for the Krull family was going along great. Today, not one month later, this family's life has been twisted upside down.

Please join me in praying for sweet Lucy Krull. Check out her mom's updates here.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. that breaks my heart. They will be in my prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, just browsing it made me tear up. I totally understand where you are coming from with putting yourself in her mom's shoes as I am doing the same. :(

    Is she a fellow bbc March mommy? Jerri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jerri...she is not a March mommy...some of our friends at church are friends with this family so that is how I heard of them. It is literally ripping my heart out. That could be us!

    It makes me realize that we must cherish every second...because we aren't guaranteed tomorrow!

    Thanks Jess!!!

    ReplyDelete