Monday, March 28, 2011

5 years

5 years ago today at 4:41pm I became a mom for the first time. I felt feelings of love I've never experienced before. It was love at first sight. I suddenly realized I would lay down my life for this little being. This little baby was a part of me and I would love and protect her to a fault. I've loved her from the second she was born because she was mine. But as she's grown, my love for her has grown. I no longer only love her because she's mine but because of who she is.

Leighton is an amazing little girl. She is independent. She wants to do things on her own and doesn't struggle at much. However, she is so gracious when she does accept help from others. I love that about her.

Leighton wants to please. She wants to do the right thing. She is a rule-follower. And finds it horrible when I tell her about children who purposefully choose to do the wrong thing. I love that she can't fathom how anyone would choose to do something they know is not appropriate.

Leighton is clumsy. She always has been. But, she is a great gymnast.

Leighton loves to sleep. She loves to cuddle even more.

She loves being a big sister and she is an amazing one.

She loves anything princesses at this point in her life. She adores Ariel.

Leighton counts her days according to where she'll be. Monday/Wednesday/Friday are "Rita Days" because she goes to the sitter, Tuesday/Thursday are "school days", Saturday is a "stay home day" with "Mem, Mommy, and Ainsley", and Sunday is "church day." It just makes sense to her. And each week she can't wait for "stay home days."

She loves to play jokes on people. She loves to hide and scare you.

Leighton loves to be outside. She loves flowers but doesn't want to get dirty to plant them. She is a city girl who loves to shop! :)

Leighton Caroline,

You are a blessing. You bring joy to my life each and every day. I am honored to call you daughter. I can't wait to see you grow and see what you will do with your life but I know you have big things in store. You make me want to be a better person, wife, and mother. Thank you for being you.

I love you!
Momma

Leighton 6 days old



Leighton 5 years old

No comments:

Post a Comment