Friday, February 3, 2012

Five on Friday

1. I was honored to find out this week that I was nominated as Teacher of the Year for Oak Elementary School. Woah! I am still blown away, humbled, and so undeserving of this. Lots of my Oak friends have asked what picture I submitted with all of my paperwork to see if I make the next cut. Here it is...



2. Leighton is loving her competitive gymnastics team. She practices twice a week for a total of 3 hours. When it's over she's asking for more. She is already gaining skills in the short month she has moved to team. One of her biggest accomplishments is climbing the rope on her own. Her strength is floor exercise so it is exciting to see her meet goals in other areas! We're so proud of you baby girl!



3. Kindergarten celebrated 100 days at school this week. We thought it was fitting that Leighton dress as though she were 100 years old. She loved the idea when I told her. She couldn't wait to get dressed in the morning. And then when it was time to go to school she was a little apprehensive. After a day full of "oohs and ahhs" she was fine.



4. My girls LOVE Carrie Underwood. Ainsley asks for her the minute her booty hits the car seat.



5. I have to admit that one of our favorite shows is America's Funniest Home Videos. Years ago (I think they still play it) there was a series of videos of a man who is forced to dance. He gets locked out of his home, his car, etc., and his wife tells him to he has to dance in every video in order for her to unlock the door. It's my all time favorite. Well...let's just say my dancing machine wasn't up for the dancing challenge the first time but he got the hang of it after a few trials!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment