Monday, April 4, 2011

Diva's

I could look at these twenty little toes over and over. My biggest diva taught her little sister the importance of pretty toes in the summer. They both sat completely still to get them painted perfectly. They are so sweetly painted....but that's just the icing on the top. I am so thankful there are 10 little toes for each of my girls. I am so thankful my girls are able to walk. It's the simple things in life.



I am trying to remember that my perfectionism is only a product of society and that all of "that" doesn't matter...it's about these two. It's about their smiles. It's about them! It's about the simple things in life...and everything else is just icing on the cake!



The girls found these dresses with mermaids on them. They squealed and twirled from the moment they put them on. To see the world in the eyes of a child...it's the simple things that make them happy...and us in return.



I am thankful for two little girls who love to play with one another...pat-a-cake is fun for a toddler to play over and over. And would you know, it's just as fun for a momma to watch her two children play it together...because it's the simple things in life!

2 comments:

  1. too cute and Ainsley is looking more and more like Leighton! They are precious and you my friend are a wonderful mother!!! This was awesome to read!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet Leslie...I <3 you!!!! Yes, I think she is looking more like Leighty too! Thanks for your sweet compliments!

    P.S. I set aside an "L" shirt for Leighty-bug this week! :)

    ReplyDelete