Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hope

I love Easter! It's a time of reflection, and a time of new beginnings. I find myself burdened many days with the weight of the world. I can literally make myself sick thinking about the people here on Earth who are suffering. I was reminded on Sunday that I don't need to carry those burdens....they have already been carried for me.

I need to reminded of this often. I was raised to be a strong woman. To be self-reliant, if need be, and I am proud of the person I am today. But, it comes with fault. I think I can do it all on my own, all the time. I think I can deal with every detail, worry about every circumstance, solve every problem. And I can't. I can't do it all and I don't need to. I need to give it to God. The more I rely on only myself, just shows my lack of faith really. That I'm not trusting...to know that all things work together for good for those who love Him.

So today I choose HOPE! Hope for those suffering from cancer, hope for the nation, hope for our leaders, hope for families in turmoil, hope for a future full of blessings.

Once you choose hope, anything's possible. ~Christopher Reeve









1 comment: