Friday, January 21, 2011

Five on Friday

1. We have been dealing with some mad separation anxiety (or something of that nature) issues with Ainsley this week. She doesn’t want to nap, isn’t sleeping soundly, and is waking in the middle of the night (or in the wee hours of the morning) just crying for mommy and daddy. She sounds pitiful and our hearts just break. One night it woke Leighton up so she ended up in our bed. Ainsley never could settle down so she and I ended up sleeping in the twin bed in her room. It really made me laugh as I thought about our sleeping arrangements for the night! One thing is for sure, we have now witnessed a little snippet of how strong willed she is!

2. I made this recipe Monday night and everyone loved it. Well, okay, I must confess that a certain little 4 year old wasn’t going to even try it because she doesn’t like "tomatoes"…she LOVES salsa. After a few minutes in her room she was invited back to the table and low and behold she loved it. Anyway, it is so simple that I thought I would pass it along.

MEXICAN CHICKEN
WHITE RICE
TORTILLA CHIPS

Mexican Chicken Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 jar salsa
1 (16 ounce) package Monterey jack cheese

Directions:

1. In a 9x13 pan, cover the chicken breasts with the salsa.
2. Cover with foil, bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for 25 minutes longer.
3. Cover each chicken breast with Monterey jack cheese.
4. Bake for 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
5. Serve with white rice and tortilla chips.

3. I completed Leighty's transfer letter to come to Oak next year!!! I have to admit that it has caused me much anxiety. This picture pretty much sums it up for me....it is how I still picture my little Leighton and how I feel about her growing up! Really, Leighton is going to be 5 and start Kindergarten!?!?! When did THAT happen??


4. Here are videos of the girls cheering on the Patriots at about the same. It just makes me laugh to hear their language development and how similar it has been.


Leighton cheering...



Ainsley cheering...




5. It's Friday and I'm home again...due to some snow and ice. I could really get used to this! :) Today, the girls have been best friends. They have played together, laughed together, and of course, they've eaten junk food together! In the words of Leighton, it's been the best "relax" day! Or, to quote one of my favorite kiddos ever...we're just being "lazy bones" today. Either way you want to say it...it doesn't matter cause you get the idea!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment