Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's Official

“So, should we make it official?” I remember those words like he said them yesterday. I remember standing in his living room when he said the words. I remember feeling so content in my life at that very moment.


10 years ago to the day, Aaron muttered those words. 10 years ago, I was wrapped up in a romance. 10 years ago, we couldn’t wait to hold each other’s hands, to hear the other’s voice on the phone, to drive 2 hours to meet, to enjoy every second with one another. 10 years ago, I fell in love with the man I would marry.


I think back to the passion of 10 years ago and although there are times I yearn for the innocence of that relationship, our love now is mature and I wouldn’t go back for a second. Our love is deep. It encircles around trust. It provides emotional support. By definition it is:

A Friendship,

A Commitment,

Respect Between Two People,

A Caring Relationship,

Kindness,

Consideration,

Acceptance, and

Realizing that Aaron’s needs are just as important as my own.


My stomach still gets butterflies when he gently lays his hand on my leg as we drive down the road. My heart beats faster when he wraps his arms around me after a long hard day. I am more in love with my husband today than I could have imagined 10 years ago. Despite trials and heartaches, our love has endured. Here’s to another 10…


"Love is a moment and a lifetime. It is looking at him across a room and feeling that if I don't spend the rest of my life with him, I'll have missed the boat.

Love is working together, laughing together, growing together. It is respect for each other and the people each cares about, however difficult it is sometimes to like his kinfolk or his friends.

Love is wanting to shout from the rooftops the successes, little and big of one another. Love is wanting to wipe away the tears when failure comes.

Love is liking the feel of each other. It is wanting to have children together because they are the exclamation point of love.

Love is laughter, especially in the middle of a quarrel."
Source: Liz Carpenter, Getting Better All the Time








3 comments:

  1. Love you both so much! So thankful God placed you guys in our lives!! We cherish your friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWW Congratulations!!! HAppy Anniversary!!!!

    ReplyDelete