Friday, June 10, 2011

Five on Friday

1. Leighton is keeping me laughing these days. Here's a conversation we had in the car on the way to the pool this week:

Leighton: Momma, I'm not going to call Daddy 'dad' anymore.
Me: Why?
Leighton: Cause he freaks out when I do.
Me: What does he do?
Leighton: He says, "What did you just call me?"
Me: Yeah.
Leighton: Even when I'm 7 or 8, I'm still gonna call him daddy.
Me: Okay
Leighton: And when I'm your age, I'm gonna call him honey!

2. And here's what Leighton's been doing in the pool. She is really rocking her swimming these days!



3. Ainsley has no fear...none. She jumps off the diving board and off the side of the pool, and tries to put her face in the water because that's what Leighton does. Here's a cute little video of her blowing bubbles in the pool.



4. So far, this summer could be summed up as...perfect (well, minus the fact that both of the girls have had strep...ugh)! I think we've spent every day at the pool or at the lake and we have all enjoyed nice naps every afternoon. I could do this every day of the rest of our summer! :)





5. Ainsley has also become quite the little singer these days. It really is pretty sweet to hear her voice sing!

No comments:

Post a Comment