Friday, June 3, 2011

Two years

My sweet, sweet Ainsley Paige. It is hard to fathom that you have been in my life for two years already. It seems like yesterday you were just born, yet it seems like you have been a part of me forever.

At two years old, you have one of the biggest personalities I have ever seen. You bring laughter to everyone you are around. You are independent, and you are strong-willed. One of my biggest fears is that in the years to come, as peers correct you (read: are cruel), your personality will change. I fear that little by little, your bigger-than-life personality will be squashed and you won't be the carefree person you are today. I pray, that I am not the person who changes you but the person who protects you, encourages you to be yourself, and with gentle reminders, I can mold you to be kind, loving, honest, good, faithful, and happy, but not change who you are...because you are perfect!

At this moment, you are very matter-of-fact (most answers are "yep" or "nope"), you love to sing, you love to dance, you love animals, and you adore your sister. You love to be in the water and you aren't afraid of anything! You have already jumped off the diving board at the pool, the dock at the lake, and gone tubing this summer. You love all things babies!! You have started calling me "mom-mom" and it is probably the most precious thing I've ever been called.

Baby girl, you have brought more joy to my life in two short years than I could have ever imagined. Here's to many, many more!!! Happy birthday! I love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment