Tuesday, June 14, 2011

It's all about me...or is it?



Today is my 31st birthday. Growing up, I remember being so excited for my birthday. It wasn't just my birth "day" we celebrated. We celebrated my birth "week" and sometimes my birth "month" because we had three family birthdays in June. It was always all about ME. I loved every second of it.

As I've grown older, and more mature...ha! Who am I kidding? Let me rephrase, as my children have entered my life, I've realized they are my happiness. And it isn't really about me at all. Today, as I reflect on the day, it was perfection....because of:

This guy...who made me breakfast in bed, and took off the afternoon so I could enjoy drinks with some dear friends.



This sweet 5 year old who didn't skip a beat when she told Aaron what I would want for my birthday. (She knew I'd love something for my camera. And after much thought, Aaron decided he didn't know what lens I needed/wanted so a digital frame to show off my pictures was perfect. I tend to agree!).



This precious 2 year old who came into my room before anyone else singing her little heart out (here's the practice round)!



And these literally hundreds of people who took time out of their day to wish me a happy birthday! It was SO much fun to see these throughout the day. Thank you ALL for taking the time to wish me a happy birthday, but also for investing in me and being my friend! I am who I am today because of all of you!



Today, as the girls and I had a dance party in the middle of the living room, I realized my heart is full and it no longer needs to be my birthday, birth week, or birth month to celebrate. I celebrate what I have daily. And I am blessed 365 days of the year because of the friends and family who surround me and love me. Love to all!!!

4 comments:

  1. What beautiful words creating a beautiful message from a beautiful person inside and out.
    Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are truly blessed! Love Ainsley's Happy Birthday song. So cute. Hope you had a great day!
    -Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. I am so glad you had a wonderful day.
    And P.S...That picture of you is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimberly, Jennie, and Shannon...thank you!!!

    Kim--Love you back!

    And, Shannon...thanks for that boost of confidence! :) You're too sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete