Sunday, June 19, 2011

Thespian

I'm a thespian at heart. I love acting, and am a bit of a drama queen, which I know you couldn't have guessed! ;) I love musicals, singing, dancing...I love it all. In high school and college, I loved getting into character. It allowed me to be someone else for a moment. To go somewhere I'd never been, or maybe never experience in my lifetime.

I have many memories of late nights with cast and crews at JHS. Keith Bouchard ripping his pants at the crotch during dress rehearsal, paint ball guns that were shot on school property and shouldn't have been, a mystery dinner, etc. And state competitions. Oh, how I loved states!

The picture below is the cast of "Balcony Scene" the winning cast at States my senior year of High School! :) What fun and what memories from this group of amazing people!



My love for all things "drama" has continued through my adulthood and yesterday I got to share my love of the theater with Leighton. We went to the Orpheum theater in Memphis and saw a production of Beauty and the Beast. A combination of theater and a classic Disney fairytale...I don't think it could have been more perfect. The best part was about half way through the show. My sweet little Leighty turned around, put my face in her hands, and whispered (loudly), "I LOVE THIS!!" Perfection!!! Thank you for sharing such a special day with me, Leighty-bug!

1 comment:

  1. It is so nice to read how fondly you remember JHS drama! I am still trying to make it the most fun a student can have in high school---and hoping that, like you, all of my students will continue to love the stage. How special for you and Leighton! This post makes my heart so happy. xo <3 Kristel

    ReplyDelete